Friday 28 April 2017

Trump world

Poor Trump, after very nearly 100 days in the White House he has realised that he has gained power but lost his life. The president of the USA cannot just do what he wants, like go down the road to a restaurant. He did that when he was president-elect, but since becoming president his whole life has been marshalled by the Secret Service, and he clearly doesn't like it. Well, I guess it must be a shock. A former First Lady, was it Jackie Kennedy, expressed astonishment she could not retire to bed with her husband in the Lincoln bedroom in the White House without having a Secret Serviceman standing guard outside the door. So, life is tough, Donald. He has also confessed he never imagined being president would be such hard work. Did he never watch The West Wing series or Madam Secretary? Every day is just one major event after another. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Trump generally looks pretty relaxed but there must be moments in the Oval Office when he must say, or want to say, "Look get me a burger and leave me alone for ten minutes, I don't care if Xi is on the phone, tell him I'm otherwise occupied, and, no I won't take a call from Theresa, and tell that man Corbyn if he rings again I'll get my cyber boys on to him." So, am I feeling sorry for Trump? Well, no. You can't expect a lot of free time if you're the president. Ok, so you've had a bit of golf - Obama played more than any president in the history of the US - but you are now a seven-day-a-week leader for the next four years, minus 100 days. Will you want another term, Donald? I wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment