Friday 4 May 2018

Trump in a tizzy over Giuliani

You have to give it to Donald Trump, he's terrific at bluster. He's also pretty good at explaining away statements made by his staff/advisers/etc which he doesn't like and wants to put into a dfferent light. So Rudi Giuliani who is now persona non grata, or as they say in Russian, "nezhelatel'nyy chelovek" (it's important these Mueller days to put everything into a Russian context), is a very inexperienced lawyer and doesn't know what he's talking about. That's effectively what Trump said today. So Giuliani told Fox News Trump had reimbursed Michael Cohen, his personal lawyer, the $130,000 he (Cohen) had paid Stormy Daniels to keep her mouth shut about some alleged sexual moment in 2006. So when asked about this Trump does what Trump does brillantly. He doesn't deny the truth of Giuliani's remarks, he just belittles the former mayor of New York by saying he had only recently joined the Trump camp and didn't know the facts. Ha!! That's done for you Giuliani. What he didn't say was, "I never paid this woman and I never paid Michael Cohen back for paying this woman, I know nothing about it." Presumably Giuliani got his facts from somewhere. How about Trump himself? The conversation might have gone something like this: "Hey Mr President I've been asked to go on Fox News and talk to our friend Sean Hannity." "Good," says Trump. "Just get this ***** woman out of my hair. Sean will know what questions to ask." Giuliani: "So what's new to say?" Trump: "She got her money to make her stop telling lies about me, and, by the way, I paid him back." Giuliani: "You paid Michael Cohen back?" "Yeah, a few grand here and a few grand there till it was covered." "So that's good, right?" "Yeah, all good. Cohen got his cash." "So if Hannity asks I could say Cohen got his money back?" "Look, Rudi, I'm busy, I got some tweeting to do, just don't say anything to keep that *****woman's name in the limelight." "Fine, fine, I'll get it sorted. I know what to do. I've been around, Mr President." Trump looks perplexed but bored and starts to tweet. He thinks his new lawyer friend will handle Hannity without any problem. Big mistake, Mr President.

No comments:

Post a Comment