Sunday 4 March 2018

Trump replies to my blog haha!

It's not true of course. I'm sure Trump doesn't have the time nor the inclination to read my daily blog, athough the large majority of my readers are in the United States. But a week ago I blogged that Trump would look with jealousy at the news that Xi Zinping, his Chinese counterpart, was hoping to become president for life and that it might put ideas into his head. Watch out America, I said. Well, last night in a knockabout speech at a dinner in front of a bunch of journalists, Trump mused about the Chinese leader's ambition which had been leaked prematurely by the official Chinese news agency (oops, they are sooooo dead). The governing Chinese communist party is due to make a ruling, abolishing the current two-term limit for Xi, at a meeting later this week. These are Trump's words: "He's now president for life. He was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we will have to give that a shot some day." You see? I told you so. I just knew Trump would have thought of that. OK, it was part of a jokey address in which he had fun mocking Jared Kushner, his son-in-law, and Jeff Sessions, his "by his fingertips" attorney general. But you know what they say about jokes? There's always a serious message in there somewhere. So, my wonderful American friends, prepare yourselves for President-for-Life Trump! Only joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment