Wednesday 2 August 2017

Does Trump enjoy being president?

It's very difficult to guage whether Donald Trump actually enjoys being president of the United States. When he speaks or tweets he either says everything is wonderful, beautiful, brilliant and successful or it's fake news or he wants to spit blood against someone or some country. He doesn't look as if he is in charge of his team, and that must really irritate him. So where is the pleasure? Perhaps it's impossible to enjoy the role of president because it's just too stressful. But surely no one tries to be president unless he or she really really wants the job? So Trump probably thought, "look, I can run a business, so why not have a go at the White House, it'll boost my ego beyond all expectations." But then after a few weeks and months the sheer enormity of the job hits you. There is no such thing as a quiet day, even on the golf course. And in this current world, something big seems to happen almost every day. It's either North Korea, or China, or Russia, or Venezuela or Isis or Afghanistan or Iraq or etc etc. Everyone these days seems to want to take a potshot at America, and it's largely because Trump is such a volatile and unpredictable character and in many ways so unsure of what the hell to do or say half the time, apart from mouthing superlatives about how everything is great, that the rest of the world is just getting on with their stuff without taking much notice of him or America. So does Trump wake up every morning and say to himself or to the mirror or to Melania: "Hey, another day of being president, yipee!" I doubt it. Having General John Kelly masterminding the show will probably help him for the moment but with all his advisers being told they can't speak to him unless they go through the new chief of staff, Trump is going to get a lot of pissed-off people bending his ear - provided they are allowed in to the Oval Office of course. Jared Kushner, his son-in-law, had unique access to his dad-in-law but no more apparently. Now it's "Excuse me, General Kelly, can I speak to my father-in-law?" "What about?" "I need to speak about China." "That's for the secretary of state." "But but...." "Goodbye Mr Kushner." So I reckon Trump is not a happy president. I think he has his moments when the power thing grips him, but most of the time he is angry, frustrated and bewildered! "I'm the president,why the hell won't people do as I ask?!" He's probably happiest when he's sitting in his favourite chair at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

1 comment:

  1. Would it be OK if I cross-posted this article to WriterBeat.com? There is no fee; I’m simply trying to add more content diversity for our community and I enjoyed reading your work. I’ll be sure to give you complete credit as the authbor. If “OK” please let me know via email.

    Autumn
    AutumnCote@WriterBeat.com

    ReplyDelete